In today’s podcast episode, I’m sharing four lessons life has handed me about getting older.
4 Lessons About Turning 40
I’ve noticed something curious in my community of 40-something women: the pervasive feeling of resignation that life is pretty much over, that it’s too late to try something new, and that feeling stronger and more confident at this might as well be a unicorn fantasy. The feeling that the best years of our lives are gone and that we should just roll over and accept that we will never feel stronger, more capable, and more confident.
Well fuck all that. Ladies, we aren’t going out that way.
It’s not about trying to get back to where we were 10 or 20 years ago and beating ourselves up about it. Rather, it’s about accepting and embracing where we’re at right now…and seeing ways in which we are strong, powerful, and wise.
Today, I turn 40 and I’m sharing some reflections on four important lessons life has handed me about getting older. There are easily dozens more but these four are ones that resonate with me a lot right now. I’m not about to hide or apologize for my age. I believe 40-something women can be strong and take up more space…and I hope you’ll reconsider if you’ve started giving up.
On Today’s Episode
- Why we shouldn’t have shame about getting older
- The whole point in nourishing our bodies
- 4 lessons I’ve learned about getting older
- …and more
Resources Mentioned In This Show
Join the HTK Community
- Join the Harder to Kill Club on Facebook
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter for new podcast alerts and more
Thanks for Listening!
- I’d really love it if you would take 10 seconds and subscribe to the podcast!
- Did you like this episode? Let me know what resonated for you in the comments below.