Still see exercise from a place of restriction and punishment? Let’s change all that!
4 Ways to Shift Your Fitness Mindset
In my community, it’s common for folks to still view exercise and fitness from a place of restriction and punishment. And no wonder. Look around at advertising and the messages out there that movement is solely for burning calories or making up for what we ate, like physical penance. So many of us grew up with this mentality that it can be hard to envision any other way.
In this episode, I’m pulling apart four unhelpful ways of looking at exercise and digging into how each is ultimately harmful and takes you away from what’s right for you. Is it possible to see fitness and movement in general from a place where you nourish yourself? I say yes. It doesn’t mean you can’t ever do hard things or that exercise isn’t uncomfortable at times…those are powerful experiences. My challenge to you is to examine where your fitness beliefs come from.
On Today’s Episode
- Why listening to your body may seem foreign…but is necessary
- The one thing women need to stop ignoring when they’re in the gym
- Why “more is more” fitness culture needs to die
- Why one size does not fit all when it comes to exercise
Resources Mentioned In This Show
Join the HTK Community
- Join the Harder to Kill Club on Facebook
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter for new podcast alerts and more
Thanks for Listening!
- I’d really love it if you would take 10 seconds and subscribe to the podcast!
- Did you like this episode? Let me know what resonated for you in the comments below.