It’s time to call it what it really is.
Click play to listen right on this page, no app needed:
6 Reasons BMI is Bullshit
I’ve dabbled with this topic before in other podcast episodes about the scale and diet culture, but I haven’t taken on BMI as a separate topic until now. A recent routine doctor’s appointment had me reeling from an offhand BMI comment. It brought up a lot for me, and had I not been mentally stronger, it could have pushed me back into disordered eating and exercise behaviors.
In this episode, I’m relaying my story and tearing into six reasons why BMI is bullshit. There’s a lot of nuance here, and my experiences as a person in a smaller body are nothing like what someone else in a larger body may experience. It’s my hope that you’ll walk away from this episode with some things to think about and start conversations of your own with the people you care about.
On Today’s Episode
- My recent BMI story
- What I said when told my BMI was too high
- 6 reasons BMI is total bullshit
- Why intuitive eating is important to move past diet mentality and diet culture
- Why I help people gain health, not lose weight
Resources Mentioned In This Show
- Get all the pre-order bonuses for The Core 4
- The Scale – Ep 120
- Diet Culture – Ep 142
- Intuitive Eating
- Harder to Kill Club
Pre-order bonuses for The Core 4 are now available and free for you! Get all the freebies before July 30. Just pre-order The Core 4 and claim the bonuses here. Thank you so much for all your support!
Join the HTK Community
- Join the Harder to Kill Club on Facebook
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter for new podcast alerts and more
Thanks for Listening!
- I’d really love it if you would take 10 seconds and subscribe to the podcast!
- Did you like this episode? Let me know what resonated for you in the comments below.