Artichoke Fennel Salad is a fresh, light side dish that’s perfect for summer.
This is a light salad chock full of tasty veggies that’s perfect for pairing with chicken or fish. The fennel is crispy, the artichoke hearts are tangy, and the parsley makes it fresh. This is easy to double and take to a party.
What is Fennel?
Fennel is a white / light green crisp vegetable with a texture similar to celery and a taste that’s reminiscent of anise.
To thinly slice the fennel, it’s best to use a mandolin so you can shave it very thin. Otherwise, thick pieces of raw fennel can be tough and hard to chew. My other favorite way to prepare fennel is to braise it, but that’s probably another post.
Serve this Artichoke Fennel Salad alongside my Easy Pan-Fried Lemon Chicken for a summery meal.
Artichoke Fennel Salad
Artichoke Fennel Salad is a light salad chock full of tasty veggies that's perfect for pairing with chicken or fish. The fennel is crispy, the artichoke hearts are tangy, and the parsley makes it fresh. This is easy to double and take to a party.
- 14 oz artichoke hearts packed in water
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 handful flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 1 lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes optional
- Drain the artichoke hearts and quarter them.
- Trim the tops and bottom off the fennel. Cut it in half lengthwise and very thinly slice.
- Chop the parsley.
- Combine the artichoke hearts, fennel, parsley, onion, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper and a pinch of red pepper flakes in a bowl.
- Eat right away or let it sit and marinate for about 30 minutes.