The topic of boundaries has come up many a time in my Fierce Love Collective and my Harder to Kill Club. Your energy is super important. As an HSP (Highly Sensitive Person) and an empath, setting boundaries is a non-negotiable.
The Importance of Setting Boundaries
There’s a reason why in my Core 4 the pillar is called Recharge Your Energy and not just “Sleep More.” Because while sleep is SO important (and one of the huge ways I’ve taken my life back) it isn’t the only way you need to be managing your energy.
You’ve heard the analogy of a health bank account, right? Same goes for a energy bank account. You can make so many deposits at night (with sleep), but if you’re draining yourself during the day then how are you going to make up for that deficit?
We’re dynamic beings. We don’t just sleep to recover. We recover by managing our emotional, spiritual, mental, and physical energies.
What I’m hearing from a lot of you is that you’re just fed up with the busy. That you don’t have enough time for yourself, that you’re on the hamster wheel, that you’re not good at setting boundaries, and you need a lifeline.
If you’re an Obliger (check out Gretchen Rubin’s Four Tendencies Quiz) then it’s super common to struggle with this. I’m not an Obliger, but that doesn’t mean I don’t struggle with this too. I’m a recovering perfectionist and it’s been a long journey for me to take time for myself versus giving it to other people. What about you?
On Today’s Episode
- Simple boundary-setting techniques
- Tips for recharging during your day
- The importance of checking in with yourself
Resources Mentioned In This Show
Join the HTK Community
- Join the Harder to Kill Club on Facebook
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter for new podcast alerts and more
Thanks for Listening!
- I’d really love it if you would take 1 min and leave us a rating and review on iTunes!
- Did you like this episode? Let me know what resonated for you in the comments below.