I try to eat as many greens as I can, and this is gives a nice smoky flavor to the mustard greens which can have little taste on their own.
Prep time: 5 min Cook time: 15 min Makes: 2 cups
Braised Mustard Greens with Bacon
This Braised Mustard Greens with Bacon recipe is an easy way to eat your greens along with the wonderful smoky flavor of bacon.
- 1 bunch mustard greens
- 4 slices bacon sugar free bacon if on Whole30
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and roughly chop the mustard greens.
- Chop the bacon.
- Heat the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat to render out the fat. Once the bacon is crisp, add the mustard greens in batches, stirring until it’s wilted enough to add more. Continue until all the mustard greens are in the pan.
- Add the chicken stock and balsamic vinegar. Cook for 10 more minutes until the greens are tender.
- Season with sea salt and pepper to taste