This is one of my favorite ways to use up veggies and leftover meat from the fridge. Use anything you’d like and create your own combinations!
Paleo Breakfast Scramble is an excellent way to use up all of your veggies and leftover meat from the fridge.
- 1/4 onion chopped
- 2 small bell peppers from the CSA box so they are tiny; normal sized pepper from grocery = use 1/2, chopped
- 1 small summer squash again tiny; use 1/2 a normal sized squash, chopped
- 3 cherry tomatoes chopped
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup ground turkey any leftover cooked meat will do
- 1 tbsb olive oil or coconut oil, bacon grease, etc
- Prep all veggies…chop your little heart out. Tip: to ensure even cooking, try to chop your veggies into roughly the same size pieces.
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil/fat.
Cook onion, pepper and squash together for 3-4 minutes.
- Add tomato and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Top with spinach and stir until it cooks down.
- Throw in pre-cooked meat.
- Crack eggs into the pan (I don’t scramble them first…wastes a clean dish) and scramble those puppies until cooked.
- Serve with avocado slices, salt and pepper.
- Makes 2 normal-sized servings or 1 if I’m really hungry!