This Zucchini Noodle Salad recipe will give you another creative use for zoodles.
I made this simple cold salad by tossing them with a drizzle of olive oil and white balsamic, then serving them with tomato and olives.
With the warmer weather of summer, this would be a great side dish for a BBQ or picnic lunch. Be sure to salt the zucchini in step 1, because it’ll draw out the excess moisture and prevent your salad from becoming a soupy, waterlogged mess.
If you want to be fancy, you could chop up the olives and tomato or add canned artichokes or even a few leaves of fresh basil.
Have a spiralizer? Awesome! You can use it to prepare the noodles.
If not, use a julienne peeler. It’s an inexpensive solution for creating vegetable noodles of all sorts.
Cold Zucchini Noodle Salad with Tomato and Olives Recipe
Make this super-easy Cold Zucchini Noodle Salad recipe for a fresh summer side dish! It's Paleo and Whole30 friendly.
- 5 medium zucchini
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes whole or chopped
- 1 cup pitted black olives I like kalamata, whole or chopped
- Peel zucchini with a julienne peeler, sprinkle evenly with salt (I mix it by hand to make sure it’s evenly distributed), and place in a colander to drain for about 20 min. The salt pulls moisture out of the zucchini, making a more tender noodle. Put the colander in the sink because it’ll leak all over the countertop if you don’t.
- Rinse thoroughly with water to wash away the excess salt and squeeze to remove the extra moisture.
- Drizzle the noodles with olive oil and white balsamic vinegar. Toss to combine.
- Add the tomato and olives. Stir in or leave on top…it’s up to you!