Crunchy Kale Salad is a great way pack more veggies into your day!
Should You Eat Raw Veggies?
Vegetables are nutrient-dense and incredibly diverse in flavor and texture. I try to eat a balance between raw and cooked veggies every day for variety. Raw veggies require almost no prep! That being said, some people struggle to digest raw veggies. If that’s you, be sure to lightly cook your veggies before you eat them. There’s nothing wrong with that.
Make This Crunchy Kale Salad Ahead of Time
This Crunchy Kale Salad is pretty simple to prepare and is a good one for taking to potlucks or parties because it’s hardy and stands up to a couple hours sitting out without getting soggy. You can also leave the lemon juice and olive oil off until you’re ready to serve.
To make prepping julienned veggies easier, I have a very inexpensive peeler like this one here.
Crunchy Kale Salad Recipe
Make this Crunchy Kale Salad recipe to add more veggie punch to your meals! It's Paleo and Whole30 friendly, grain- and gluten-free!
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 carrot julienned
- 1/2 cup golden beets julienned
- 1 lemon juice & zest
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup pecans chopped
- Cut the kale leaves thinly. I cut them down the middle along the vein, then stack them and thinly slice them into ribbons. Place into a large bowl.
- Add the julienned carrot and beets, lemon juice and zest, olive oil, salt and pepper to the kale. Stir thoroughly to combine.
- For best results, allow the salad to sit for at least 30 minutes before serving. The veggies will soften just a bit.
- Top with chopped nuts for a bit more crunch.
My recipes are all in a meal planner. Check it out!