Curry Cauliflower Rice is a remake of one of my favorite veggie recipes.
Why Cauliflower Rice is Versatile
Cauliflower rice is the perfect vehicle for so many flavors. (It’s kinda like the tofu of the veggie world in a way.) Its fairly neutral flavor and rice-like texture take on all sorts of tastes.
How to Make Cauliflower Rice
Making cauliflower rice isn’t as hard as it seems if you have the right tools.
- You can use a food processor (this is the one I’ve had for years). Run the cauliflower through a shredding blade, and it comes out with perfect rice-size pieces. This is my favorite method.
- Or, use a blender. Put chunks of cauliflower in the blender, and fill it with water. Pulse until the pieces are small and the size of rice. Then strain and use in your recipe.
- Finally, you can buy pre-made cauliflower rice from the supermarket, fresh or frozen. If pre-riced veggies mean you’ll actually eat your veggies, do what you’ve gotta do!
Ingredients in Curry Cauliflower Rice
This Curry Cauliflower Rice is the perfect combination of flavors.
It’s seasoned with yellow curry powder, a mixture of Indian spices popularized by – believe it or not – the British. Curry powder usually contains a combo of turmeric (which gives it its golden color), coriander, ginger, cumin, fenugreek, cayenne, and more.
Curry powder is quite a warming blend of spices, and can vary in heat levels. I like mine with a touch of spiciness. (This is my current fave.)
Besides curry powder, the aromatic base of this Curry Cauliflower Rice comes from onion and garlic. Then I layer on cozy cinnamon, crunchy sliced almonds, and plump, sweet raisins. I finish it off with some chopped cilantro for freshness, and it’s done.
Making Curry Cauliflower Rice
This curry cauliflower rice is a pretty quick and simple weeknight side dish recipe. It looks like a lot of ingredients, but it comes together easily. Here’s how to make it.
- Make the riced cauliflower in a food processor or blender.
- Cook and stir the onions for about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, almonds, raisins, curry powder and cinnamon, cooking for another minute.
- Next add the cauliflower rice, cooking and stirring until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro.
Watch the Cooking Video for Curry Cauliflower Rice
(And be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel for fresh new cooking videos.)
Other Yummy Cauliflower Recipes
- Creamy Leek Soup
- Cauliflower Sweet Potato Curry Vindaloo
- Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp with Cauliflower Rice
- Indian Pineapple Cauliflower Rice
Curry Cauliflower Rice
Curry Cauliflower Rice is packed with warm spices, crunchy almonds, & sweet raisins. It's 100% grain-free, gluten-free, and delicious!
- 1/2 large onion diced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp avocado or coconut oil divided
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 medium head cauliflower riced
- Large handful chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add one tablespoon of oil. When the oil is hot, add the onions and salt. Cook and stir the onions until softened, about 5 minutes, until they become translucent.
Add in the garlic, almonds, raisins, curry powder and cinnamon. Stir until combined well and cook for another minute.
- Increase the heat to medium-high, add the other tablespoon of oil, and dump in the cauliflower. Cook for 3 to 4 more minutes, stirring frequently, until it's softened but not mushy.
- Remove from the heat, and stir in the cilantro. Check flavor and add salt and pepper to taste.
Love this Curry Cauliflower Rice recipe? Leave me a rating and comment below!
Pin this Curry Cauliflower Rice recipe for later!
Recipe was originally published in June, 2017 and was updated to include new photos and more information.