Easy Breakfast Salad is a unique and filling way to start your day.
It’s usually a mash up of different mildly flavored veggies or leftover fruit that’s in my fridge, and the exact ingredients are always different.
What is a Breakfast Salad?
In American culture, breakfast typically looks more like dessert filled with pastries and baked goods that wreck your blood sugar. It’s no wonder, if you eat a sweet breakfast, you’re hungry (er, hangry) an hour or two later.
By starting your day with protein and veggies, your blood sugar and energy levels will stay more stable.
Sneaking in more veggies is something I’m always trying to do, and this cold breakfast salad served in the morning is a good way to do that. You could easily prep this the night before to save time in the morning. You could easily double this recipe.
Easy Breakfast Salad
This Easy Breakfast Salad can be a mash up of different mildly flavored veggies or leftover fruit that are in your fridge!
- 1/2 an orange segmented or cut into supremes
- 1/2 a black plum chopped
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 1/4 cup cucumber chopped
- 1/4 cup of jicama cubed
- 1/2 an avocado chopped
- 1 Tablespoon chopped mint or parsley
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all the veggies, fruit and herbs in a medium-sized bowl.
- Squeeze the lemon juice on top.
- Gently stir to combine all the flavors. If you’re preparing other breakfast items like eggs, make the salad first so it has time to sit and let the flavors marry a bit.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.