Steph’s note: I’m really chuffed to introduce you to my guest bloggers Emma and Carla, the dynamic sister duo behind The Merrymaker Sisters! These two creative minds come up with all sorts of amazing Paleo food, both savory and sweet. Emma and Carla are well-known in the Australian Paleo world, and I know you’ll love what they’re doing down under. Definitely check out their site and social media for lots of great inspiration. Take it away, ladies!
How to Make Easy Paleo Chicken Curry
For this simple chicken curry, you’ll cook up the onions and spices, add the chicken, and then create the curry sauce with coconut milk and pumpkin puree to bring it all together. To keep this recipe grain-free, serve over cauliflower rice. But if white rice is part of your routine, that works, too.
Easy Paleo Chicken Curry Recipe
Easy Paleo Chicken Curry satisfies your comfort food cravings with gluten-free, dairy-free ingredients!
- 6 boneless chicken thighs diced
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 medium zucchini sliced
- 2 cups button mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric
- 1/2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp cumin
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan over high heat, melt the ghee. Add the onion and spices and sauté.
- Add the chicken and cook until the sides have just turned white.
- Turn down the heat to low and add the pureed pumpkin and water. Stir until combined and then cover and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- At the 10 minute mark, add the zucchini and mushrooms.
Serve with a dollop of coconut cream, fresh cilantro and a side of cauli rice! Make sure you make enough for leftovers! Curries are always better the next day right?!
My recipes are all in a meal planner. Check it out!