On this episode, I’m breaking my silence as a woman living with endometriosis.
Endometriosis is a painful condition that so many women suffer with in silence. I am one of those women. It’s not uncommon for women to go undiagnosed for years, to be dismissed, or to be told it’s all in our heads. But recently, there is a growing community of women trying to learn more and support each other as we navigate life with endo. And there’s a new understanding of the root cause of endometriosis as one with links to autoimmunity and inflammation. This is quite different from the previous thinking that endometriosis is caused by hormones.
In this episode, I’m sharing my own personal story and struggles with endometriosis, plus the nutrition, lifestyle, and other interventions that have helped me manage my endometriosis symptoms.
While I can’t promise that what I mention will work or is appropriate for every woman with endo – please talk to your healthcare provider – it’s my hope that by formally breaking my silence, you may find something in this episode that’s helpful.
On Today’s Episode
- My endo journey
- Interventions that have worked for me
- A new view on endometriosis as an autoimmune / inflammatory issue
- Favorite resources for endo, period problems, and hormonal birth control
Resources Mentioned In This Show
Join the HTK Community
- Join the Harder to Kill Club on Facebook
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter for new podcast alerts and more
Thanks for Listening!
- I’d really love it if you would take 1 min and leave me a rating and review on iTunes!
- Did you like this episode? Let me know what resonated for you in the comments below.