Essential fatty acids and inflammation were the topic of the April 2019 masterclass.
- Why this discussion of lipids, essential fatty acids, and inflammation matters in the modern world.
- How to identify lipids based on their fatty acid length and structure.
- How this structure affects the characteristics of fats and oils.
- Why essential fatty acids are very important.
- How to include more essential fatty acids in your diet.
One of my goals with these masterclasses is for you to feel more confident and informed as you move through the world and come across nutrition topics. Rarely are topics like lipids and essential fatty acids as simple as saying, “This is bad, that is good.” When it comes to nutrition, there is plenty of nuance and bioindividuality to consider.
Fats and oils fall into this category. They’re either touted as a miracle or considered the devil. It’s not that simple.
In this masterclass, you’ll learn how to identify fats and oils – lipids – based on their structure. And you’ll learn how that structure influences their characteristics. You’ll also find out the importance of essential fatty acids in your diet, what they do, and how to get more of them.
The link between digestion and blood sugar is also reinforced, so if you missed those masterclasses, be sure to review them here.
Additionally, you’ll understand how to navigate food sources of fats and oils so you can move toward incorporating a mixture of saturated and unsaturated fats into your routine. And finally, you’ll make the connection between fats and inflammation and how they’re linked in the body.
Watch the recording of the April masterclass about lipids and essential fatty acids.