Caroline Potter is a wife, mother, Nutritional Therapy Practitioner, entrepreneur, and believer in taking things slow and enjoying the seasons of your life. After an autoimmune diagnosis at age 20, Caroline took her world that had been shaken and turned it into a thriving food blog business.
Today Caroline lives with her husband and a new baby in Spain and has embraced the European lifestyle and the freeing mindset both physically and mentally that true peace can bring.
Click play to listen right on this page, no app needed:
How To Figure Out Your Conscious Living Approach
Instead of doing everything for everyone, Caroline believes in doing just a few things really well and being at peace with every human being needing to ask for help. Today Caroline is here to share her mantra of learning to say no by strengthening the muscle, making time for yourself throughout your day, and getting out of the hustle to instead focus on your own needs.
Being intentional with your decisions doesn’t mean your decisions are perfect, it means trying your best in every situation and letting the rest happen to set yourself up for success. Caroline believes that when you can cut yourself a break and set yourself up with intentions, you can take control of your decisions and be successful long term.
The mental ramifications of a chronic autoimmune disease can often be as bad if not worse than the physical symptoms, so it is important to take care of all aspects of yourself. Caroline provides tools to help you figure out your conscious living approach, and explains why allowing yourself the ability to focus on your passions and explore your opportunities is also your greatest chance to heal.
How does Caroline’s story relate to your own experience with autoimmune diseases? Share with us in the comments below.
On Today’s Episode
- Viewing stress management and green products as tools in your health arsenal
- How to organize the physical and mental clutter you feel to become more productive
- What taking the weekends off social media has done for Caroline’s brain and mindset
- Ways to make small steps over time to improve your health sustainability long term
- Taking the steps necessary to not be defined by your disease but thrive because of it
Resources Mentioned In This Show
- Take the Conscious Living Growth Style Quiz
- Flourish Living Website
- Women Who Flourish Series
- Follow Caroline on Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest
- Order Core 4 The Book Here
“When I finally did rebrand and I really went after what was really on my heart, I started working fewer hours and I started making way more money and way more impact.” (17:02)
“Once you say the first no, it gets so much easier after that.” (22:02)
“Just having that margin to breathe and to dream and to educate yourself, whatever that may look like to you. And I think that is where you are going to find the greatest success and also the greatest contentment.” (23:11)
“I wouldn’t be talking to you today if it wasn’t for my disease and I wouldn’t have a lot of people in my life if it wasn’t for my disease, so I see now the positives but man it was really really hard.” (33:18)
“We put so much pressure on ourselves, and that doesn’t do anyone any good. You know all the healthy food in the world isn’t going to save you if you don’t have the right mindset going into it.” (44:16)
Join the HTK Community
- Join the Harder to Kill Club on Facebook
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter for new podcast alerts and more
Thanks for Listening!
- I’d really love it if you would take 10 seconds and subscribe to the podcast!
- Did you like this episode? Let me know what resonated for you in the comments below.