Trust me when I say, I’ve made so many food mistakes along the way.
Oh my goodness, when it comes to nutrition, I’ve made my fair share of food mistakes.
In fact, I recently celebrated my 7th anniversary of “going paleo,” and I wrote a big blog post covering some of the oopsies that have happened to me along the way.
Even if you aren’t paleo, the concept is still the same: Strict diets can be a great starting point for a healthier lifestyle.
But ultimately, strict diets – whether you’re paleo, primal, gluten-free, vegan, or whatever – all have a major downfall…
…they don’t take YOUR context, YOUR life, YOUR goals into account.
And that’s where you come in. To truly make any eating paradigm work for you, you have to factor yourself into the equation. That means learning to listen to your body, and to get acquainted with how it feels.
To tinker and try new things. To let go of what doesn’t work. And to remember that even if you do figure it out, what works now may not work in the future.
You’re inevitably going to change, and your nutritional needs, at some point, will too.
In This Episode of Harder to Kill Radio, We Cover:
- Why treating a diet like a diet is bound to fail
- How to really eat in a way that’s sustainable long-term
- The macronutrient everyone’s forgetting about when it comes to nutrition
- How not eating enough can ruin your goals (and why it’s so common)
- Why healthy desserts are a trap
- …and a lot more.
Links & Resources:
- 7 Common Paleo Mistakes to Avoid
- Episode 1: The Hustle is Fake
- Episode 2: I Just Want Abs
- The Paleo Athlete
- Robb Wolf & The Paleo Solution
Thanks for Listening…You’re Super Rad
If you liked this episode, share it with friends and family. We need your help in getting the word out!
Please subscribe and leave a review for Harder to Kill Radio in iTunes. When you rate and review the show, it really helps others discover the podcast, and I am so grateful for your kind words.
Photo of Steph: Fresh Burst Photo Athletics
Graphic design: Sarah Ramsden