Fourth of July Salsa will bring an explosion of flavor to your summer table.
Happy Independence Day! Summer is in full swing, and you’re sure to find an abundance of red, white and blue-themed recipes like this Fourth of July Salsa.
How to Make Fruit Salsa
This fruit-based salsa is festive and easy to throw together for a holiday BBQ or party. Even though fruit is the star, it’s balanced out by a bit of heat from the jalapeño, acidity from the tomato and lime, and freshness from the mint. This would also be fantastic with some cubed avocado, served over grilled chicken or salmon.
To make fruit salsa, try to cut all the fruit the same size. Fruit salsa is best served right away while everything is super fresh.
Fourth of July Salsa
- 1 cup strawberries chopped
- 1/2 cup blueberries sliced in half
- 1 ripe white peach peeled and chopped
- 1/2 a tomato seeded and chopped
- 1/2 a jalapeño pepper seeded and minced (or leave seeds in for more heat)
- 1 Tablespoon thinly sliced mint leaves
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice about 2 limes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop all the fruit. Mince the jalapeño pepper. Stack the mint leaves on top of each other and roll lengthwise. Slice thinly.
- Combined all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and toss well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- For best results, let the ingredients hang out and get friendly for at least an hour before serving.