“Sustainability is greater than abs,” challenges Diana Rodgers.
This modern farmer-nutritionist-podcaster-food activist is trying to change the conversation around clean-eating diets from self to the system at large. And while she admits that you’ve got to fix yourself first, she’s encouraging folks to start taking a larger view about how the health of the planet is also in your hands.
I’ve had the good fortune to hang out at Diana’s organic farm and see how she and her family are improving their local food system, and also to learn from her in my own pursuit of growing food in my tiny urban front yard and keeping my own beehive. She’s truly making a difference when it comes to sustainability and giving you lots of great suggestions for doing what you can given your own situation.
In This Episode of Harder to Kill Radio, You’ll Learn:
- Why sustainability is greater than abs
- How you can improve the food system and vote with your dollar
- How to introduce the concepts of sustainability into your life
- Her reaction when her husband decided he wanted to become a farmer
- A day in the life on her farm
- How she stays balanced despite wearing many different hats
- What she’s talking about at the Ancestral Health Symposium’s International Symposium in October
- Why current discussions about plant-based diets can be misleading
Links & Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- Diana’s website and Modern Farm Girls podcast
- Diana’s Instagram | Facebook | Twitter
- Check out her cookbooks, The Homegrown Paleo Cookbook and Paleo Lunches and Breakfasts On the Go
- Clark Organic Farm
- Ancestral Health Society of New Zealand’s International Symposium
- Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund
- Watch this episode of Harder to Kill Radio on YouTube below
Sweet! Thanks for Tuning In!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback to share? Leave a note in the comment section below.
If you liked this episode, please share it via the social media buttons on the left side of the post.
I’d so appreciate if you take a moment to subscribe and leave a review for Harder to Kill Radio in iTunes! When you rate and review the show, it really helps others discover Harder to Kill Radio, and I am so grateful for your feedback.
Join me next week for Episode 18 for an interview with a neuroscientist-athlete who’s showing the young whippersnappers how it’s done on the competition floor. This has been one of my favorite episodes to date!
Pin these for later: