“The very first thing you can take control of is your breath,” Chel (pronounced “shell”) Hamilton tells me as we’re recording this episode.
Immediately, I realize that my breathing was sort of shallow and from the chest. I put my hand on my belly and feel it rise and fall. Ahhhhhh, that’s better.
Chel is one of those people who you meet and think, “It feels like we’ve known each other forever.” She’s intelligent, warm, hilarious and witty. I mean, there’s nothing that will bring two people closer together than swapping stories of food poisoning and randomly being bitten by a bat (me and her, respectively) all in the same week.
But what I love most about Chel Hamilton is the super practical way she approaches retraining your brain to get exactly what you want out of life.
Wanna stop eating cookies every time you feel hungry? She’s got a plan for you.
Need to stop the cycle of negative thoughts that are impacting your health? Yep, she’s got tips for you there as well.
Afraid to try meditation because you think you’ll have to clear your mind of all thoughts? She’s got the lowdown on that, too.
So kick back, relax, and soak up all the goodness Chel’s got for you in Episode 22!
In This Episode of Harder to Kill Radio, You’ll Learn:
- How Chel broke through her own anxiety and negative thinking
- How you can rewire your subconscious mind to get what you want
- Busting myths about hypnotherapy
- Why meditation is a key tool for relaxation and beating chronic mental stress
- How negative thoughts can harm your health
- The easiest thing you can control when you’re feeling stressed
- Why meditation is not clearing your mind of thinking
- How to improve your willpower
- Why Chel is an “accidental Paleoist”
Links & Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- Chel’s website
- Meditation Minis Podcast
- Chel’s free ebook, Rewire It
- Chel’s Facebook | Twitter
- Dharma Punx
- Watch this episode of Harder to Kill Radio on YouTube:
Sweet! Thanks for Tuning In!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback to share? Leave a note in the comment section below.
If you liked this episode, please share it via the social media buttons on the left side of the post.
I’d so appreciate if you take a moment to subscribe and leave a review for Harder to Kill Radio in iTunes! When you rate and review the show, it really helps others discover Harder to Kill Radio, and I am so grateful for your feedback.
Join me next week for Episode 23 for my interview with one of fitness podcasting’s most dynamic duos. I’ve had the pleasure of appearing on their podcast twice so turning the tables on them was pretty fun!