Before we roll into the show notes, I have great news!
Both of these companies are small businesses owned by women doing great things in this real food community. I’m a proud believer in their products, and I’d love for you to check out what they have to offer.
Prep Dish also has a special gift for Harder to Kill Radio listeners: the opportunity to try their excellent meal plans for FREE for the first month! Click here to find out more.
This week I’m proud to have my husband Craig Zielinski on the show. Z runs the website Basic Barbell—and is working on it as we speak—and is an accomplished strength coach who helps normal humans get strong.
I also wanted him to come on the show so he could talk about his histamine intolerance and how he deals with it on a daily basis. To give you all an update on that since the show aired, he’s actually seeing fewer and fewer flare ups than ever before, and we think it’s because of his consistent use of the probiotic that he’s been taking. He still tries to balance the load of histamine-rich foods he eats but slowly he’s been introducing some foods that he avoided for a while.
At the end of the show, I totally forgot to ask him what he thinks is the most important ingredient in building unbreakable humans. He answered, “Patience. It’s the most important out of all things because if you’re not patient about your progress, you’ll always run into dissatisfied, miserable, nonsensical, long-winded whining sessions either about your strength levels or your physical state. You’ll always be upset about something if you don’t put your trust in the long game.”
In This Episode of Harder to Kill Radio, You’ll Learn:
- How we met (spoiler: it was via Twitter)
- The concept of strength training for normal humans
- How many times a week you really need to train to get super strong
- What histamine intolerance is and how Z’s discovered his intolerance
- How Z deals with his histamine intolerance (see the blog post I wrote about it here)
Links & Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- Z’s website BasicBarbell.com | Twitter
- Kiss or Kill by Mark Twight and The Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf
- Z’s presentation from AHS New Zealand
- Gym Jones and CrossFit Glasgow
- The probiotic Z uses from Seeking Health
- Watch this episode of Harder to Kill Radio on YouTube:
Sweet! Thanks for Tuning In!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback to share? Leave a note in the comment section below.
If you liked this episode, please share it via the social media buttons on the left side of the post.
I’d so appreciate if you take a moment to subscribe and leave a review for Harder to Kill Radio in iTunes! When you rate and review the show, it really helps others discover Harder to Kill Radio, and I am so grateful for your feedback.