My Homemade Gingerbread Spice Mix is pretty awesome if I do say so myself. (Admittedly, kind of a humble brag.)
It has the warm, yummy smell of gingerbread that’ll remind you of the holiday season. Isn’t it so interesting how aromas like gingerbread can evoke such memories?
Luckily, my Homemade Gingerbread Spice Mix is super simple to make so you can have a taste of the holidays any time of the year.
What Are the Ingredients for Gingerbread Spice?
All you’ll have to do is gather the following spices:
Remember to get the ground version of each spice…the fresher the better!
Want a simple DIY gift idea for the foodie in your life?
A thoughtful, useful gift that won’t get stuffed in a drawer like that reindeer Christmas sweater. (Oh c’mon, I know it just isn’t me with one of those!)
What Can You Use This Gingerbread Spice Mix In?
Glad you asked. Here’s some ideas:
- Gingerbread Spice Butter Coffee
- Gingerbread Cashew Butter (coming soon)
- Breakfast Sausage Scotch Eggs
- Or try mixing it into my 3-Ingredient Chia Pudding
- Stir 2 tablespoons into ground coffee before brewing (if making 6 cups).
- Sprinkle it over a coconut milk latte or brewed coffee.
- Sprinkle it onto paleo hot chocolate.
- Sprinkle it over roasted carrots or other root veggies.
Of course, if the quantity below is too much, you can always halve the recipe.
Homemade Gingerbread Spice Mix
Homemade Gingerbread Spice Mix is so easy to make with just a few simple ingredients...add it to coffee or hot cocoa for a festive treat!
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp ground allspice
- 1 tbsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tbsp ground cloves
- Pinch ground black pepper
- Mix all the spices in a small bowl.
- Seal in an airtight jar. (I like small Mason jars for this job.)
My recipes are all in a meal planner. Check it out!