The first time Jennifer Fugo was on Harder to Kill Radio, she educated us on the impact gluten can have on how your whole body functions. Throughout her research, Jennifer realized that while food is a mitigating factor in how your body operates, it is not the only trigger that can be impacting your health.
After struggling with eczema and skin rashes herself, the connection between skin, nutrition, and looking at your symptoms from a whole holistic point of view became the clear answer to finding solutions to chronic skin issues.
Click play to listen right on this page, no app needed:
About Jennifer Fugo
With a new found passion to help chronic skin rash patients understand their options and find better, individualized treatment, Jennifer started Skinterrupt to open up the dialogue for improved care that really works. Today she takes the judgment out of skin issues and explains the importance of looking at your symptoms from the inside-out and the outside-in to finally find relief. Everything from why psoriasis is actually an autoimmune disease to reasons coconut oil may not be as good for your skin as you think is are on the table today, so get ready for an information-packed episode.
Chronic skin issues can leave you feeling trapped, isolated and alone. Jennifer is here to make sure you know that there are others out there battling the same battle, and there are options out there to help you get better. This episode is all about giving people hope and engaging in a conversation that drives meaningful change for those struggling.
Have you or someone you love been impacted by chronic skin conditions? Share with us in the comments below!
On Today’s Episode
- Addressing the lack of care and empathy for chronic skin rash conditions
- Looking deeper at the root causes that are driving your skin condition
- Examples of big picture triggers that may be impacting your skin health
- Understanding the unique differences found in the skin microbiome
- Rethinking the way you take care of your skin to provide yourself with options
Resources Mentioned In This Show
- Skinterrupt Website
- The Healthy Skin Show with Jennifer Fugo
- 4 Reasons Why Coconut Oil is Bad for Your Skin Blog Post
- Follow Jennifer on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | YouTube
- HTK 75: Jennifer Fugo
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
“My reason for ‘why’ is wanting to help people who are chronically suffering, and I don’t mind being the person who carries this heavy burden.” (7:45)
“I just want to let this community know that I see you, and I also hear you. And I want to be that person that is connecting you with the options that your doctor is not telling you about, and hopefully, we can change the way we address these conditions.” (9:52)
“It is possible to not have to just live with the concept of managing the flares, and living in a constant state of fear that one day your skin will be okay and the next it will just blow up.” (26:24)
“If you are feeling alone because you have one of these conditions, and you feel like nobody is experiencing this type of isolation and loneliness and pain and discomfort, you are really not alone.” (36:06)
Join the HTK Community
- Join the Harder to Kill Club on Facebook
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter for new podcast alerts and more
Thanks for Listening! Now, Do This…
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes!
- Let me know what resonated for you in the comments below.
- Pin this for later.