Living a non-toxic life is more than drinking a detox tea or swapping out your products. It’s about creating a space in which your body’s natural rhythm can shine. Amanda Montalvo is an integrative dietitian specializing in women’s hormones & is passionate about helping others create a more non-toxic lifestyle.
Today Amanda is here to talk about periods, poop & sweat, the trifecta of things that nobody really wants to talk about, but that significantly impact our hormones & how we feel.
Click play to listen right on this page, no app needed:
How to Live Your Best Non-Toxic Life
Amanda believes that by viewing toxin detoxifying as a cumulative process you can feel empowered to take steps towards achieving your goal and living a more natural life on a day to day basis.
On this episode, we explore everything from embracing that you can be strong without achieving a certain ‘look’, understanding how our environment impacts the way our body functions, raising awareness around what is considered normal when it comes to pooping and so much more.
Once you are able to get your body to a state of homeostasis, you will be able to lose weight easier, sleep better and understand what is going on inside your body so you can make the best decisions to serve yourself.
It is time to ditch the self-deprecating attitude towards your body and find natural, non-toxic ways of nourishing your body and taking care of it the way it needs to be taken care of.
Are you ready to ditch the toxins and start talking to yourself like you are your own best friend? Let us know what steps you are taking to live a more non-toxic life in the comments below.
On Today’s Episode
- Looking at the link between our environment, our hormones and our periods
- How to focus on reducing your toxic load every day while supporting your liver
- Recommended non-toxic cleaning products as an alternative to harsh chemicals
- Differences between natural deodorant and antiperspirant and why sweat is good
- Simple and easy things that you can do to reduce your toxic exposure today
Resources Mentioned In This Show
- EWG’s Healthy Living App
- Think Dirty App
- Your Non-Toxic Life Website
- Join the Your Non-Toxic Life Support Group Here
- Follow Amanda Montalvo on Facebook | Instagram | YouTube
- Pre-Order The Core 4 by Steph Gaudreau
“My biggest joy is seeing the women that I work with kind of reconnect with their bodies or maybe even connect for the first time, and just really start to trust themselves.” (16:26)
“You have to get healthy to lose weight, you don’t lose weight to get healthy.” (18:33)
“You have to really earn the right to lose weight.” (28:35)
“If you are someone that struggles, you may feel like you have a hormone imbalance, maybe you suspect it or maybe you have painful periods or if you are struggling with infertility, I would say definitely look here first.” (39:39)
“I think that’s my favorite part, that it is cumulative. So as you keep chipping away, it’s only going to benefit you more and more and help you feel better.” (41:17)
Join the HTK Community
- Join the Harder to Kill Club on Facebook
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter for new podcast alerts and more
Thanks for Listening!
- I’d really love it if you would take 10 seconds and subscribe to the podcast!
- Did you like this episode? Let me know what resonated for you in the comments below.