I invite you to welcome back my real life friends Kristin Kaschak and Taylor Gage as we dive into a thought-provoking, curse-filled discussion about everything fitness. Fellow business owners, Kristin and Taylor are here to share strong opinions about everything from CrossFit to diet and nutrition and the ever ominous scale.
Click play to listen right on this page, no app needed:
Value Sustainable Health
If you are looking for an episode that makes you think, provides new perspectives and encouragement that you are not alone in your fitness struggles, these are the girls for you. Everything from the stigma of CrossFit and the fitness realms preference to value output over mechanics, to the importance of separating the ideas of health and aesthetics into two very different categories, and so much more are covered today.
Often we are so focused on the achievement of our goal that we forget about the ‘why’ behind our actions. Kristin and Taylor are here to drop some truth bombs and help you get out of the loop of unfulfillment to find something that really works for your physical and mental health.
Kristin and Taylor believe that you should stop putting your performance on a pedestal and find what works for your long term health. Join us as we unweave the internalized messages many approach fitness with to address the language and mindset you use to impact your ability to suit your own health.
Are you ready to learn how to stop valuing your performance over sustainable health? Share what steps you are taking to achieve a more holistic approach to wellness in the comments below!
On Today’s Episode
- Identifying your internal feelings to find the type of fitness that works for you
- How to get over the number on the scale without questioning your self worth
- Ways to readjust your priorities away from aesthetics and towards feeling good
- Why you should question everything you believe to find what is true for you
- Addressing your language and context when it comes to your fitness goals
Resources Mentioned In This Show
- Nutritional Therapy Association Website
- Nutritional Therapy 101
- She Thrives Blog
- The Girl With The Butter Website
- Follow She Thrives on Instagram
- She Thrives Radio
- She Thrives Academy
- Follow The Girl With The Butter on Instagram
- Functional Fare Nutrition Website
- HTK 104: Kristin Kaschak
- HTK 073: Taylor Gage
- HTK 014: She Thrives
- HTK 188: Nutritional Therapy
- Order The Core 4 Book Here
“When we are prioritizing output, when we feel like you have to be dead on the floor after every single workout and that’s the bar for the workout, that’s the only place I give a little bit of a side eye and think oh, I feel like we should stop and ask some questions right here.” (16:30)
“Health is contextual. It is going to change depending on who you are and where you are, it’s different for everybody and what that looks like. So if you are just putting a big stamp on something and saying ‘this is what health looks like’, that I think where the error comes in.” (22:28)
“Health ultimately is there to support your life, it should not be your life.” (37:54)
“Until you literally go all the way down, to these foundational elements of what you believe to be true about yourself in the world, you really are going to have a hard time seeing much else change in your life.” (56:10)
Pre-order bonuses for The Core 4 are now available and free for you! Get all the freebies before July 30. Just pre-order The Core 4 and claim the bonuses here. Thank you so much for all your support!
Harder to Kill Radio is sponsored by the Nutritional Therapy Association. Registration is now open for the NTA’s September class. You can learn more and save your seat by going to: www.nutritionaltherapy.com (and don’t forget to mention my name on your application!) You can also try out their free 7-day course, Nutritional Therapy 101 by going to: https://nutritionaltherapy.com/nutritional-therapy-101/
Join My Free Private Community
- Connect with us after the podcast is over by joining my free private online community, the Harder to Kill Club on Facebook
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter for new podcast alerts and more
Thanks for Listening!
- I’d really love it if you would take 10 seconds and subscribe to the podcast!
- Did you like this episode? Let me know what resonated for you in the comments below.