Screw the wagon. Let’s look at all the reasons this way of thinking doesn’t serve you.
Click play to listen right on this page, no app needed:
On the Wagon, Off the Wagon
All-or-nothing thinking is not helpful when it comes to how you approach eating. Talk of “falling off the wagon” is extremely common and serves to keep you stuck in a loop of white-knuckle “compliance” (yuck) followed by periods of fuck-it-all eating, guilt, and shame. If you keep coming back to this way of thinking, start by asking yourself if it’s actually helping you find better health and more ease. Probably not.
In this episode, I’m talking about why all-or-nothing words and ways of thinking create unhelpful feelings which then lead to behaviors that cause further guilt and shame with food. I’m also sharing five practical steps you can follow for beginning to detangle yourself from the words and metaphors of dieting so you’re more empowered from within and less likely to spend all of your time thinking about food.
On Today’s Episode
- My recent BMI story
- What I said when told my BMI was too high
- 6 reasons BMI is total bullshit
- Why intuitive eating is important to move past diet mentality and diet culture
- Why I help people gain health, not lose weight
Resources Mentioned In This Show
- Get all the pre-order bonuses for The Core 4
- The Scale – Ep 120
- Diet Culture – Ep 142
- Intuitive Eating
- Harder to Kill Club
Pre-order bonuses for The Core 4 are now available and free for you! Get all the freebies before July 30. Just pre-order The Core 4 and claim the bonuses here. Thank you so much for all your support!
Harder to Kill Radio is sponsored by the Nutritional Therapy Association. Registration is now open for the NTA’s September class. You can learn more and save your seat by going to: www.nutritionaltherapy.com (and don’t forget to mention my name on your application!) You can also try out their free 7-day course, Nutritional Therapy 101 by going to: https://nutritionaltherapy.com/nutritional-therapy-101/
Join the HTK Community
- Join the Harder to Kill Club on Facebook
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter for new podcast alerts and more
Thanks for Listening!
- I’d really love it if you would take 10 seconds and subscribe to the podcast!
- Did you like this episode? Let me know what resonated for you in the comments below.