Paleo Avocado Bacon Sliders are a scrumptious gluten-free dinner!
Steph’s note: Please welcome my guest blogger Ashley from Livin Paleo! I first learned of Ashley through her Instagram account where I saw her throwing around heavy barbells, so needless to say, she became an instant girl crush. She’s a CrossFit badass—competing in the NorCal Regionals soon—and a whiz in the Paleo kitchen, coming up with all sorts of simple but really tasty eats to fuel her endeavors. Definitely check out her blog for lots of awesome gluten free bites. Take it away, Ashley!
Paleo Avocado Bacon Sliders Recipe
This Paleo Avocado Bacon Sliders recipe will rekindle your love of burgers! Creamy avocado and crisp bacon make them special and flavorful!
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 lb bacon
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 tbsp ime juice
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Wash the sweet potato and cut into ½ inch slices.
- Line two baking sheets with foil or parchment paper, lightly coat one with olive oil or fat of choice and lay out the sweet potato slices. You will need 12 slices. Lay out the bacon on the other sheet.
- Bake both for 20−25 minutes. Flip the bacon and sweet potatoes halfway through. While the sweet potatoes and bacon cook prepare the burgers, bell pepper and onions, and smash the avocado.
- In a medium bowl combine the ground beef, minced garlic, salt and pepper and form into six patties.
- Heat olive oil or fat of choice in a large skillet over medium heat and add the patties. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Heat olive oil or fat of choice in a separate small skillet over medium heat and cook the bell pepper and onions until soft and slightly charred.
- In a medium bowl smash together the avocado and lime juice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble each slider by topping a sweet potato slice with lettuce, a burger patty, bacon, smashed avocado, bell pepper and onions and another sweet potato slice.
My recipes are all in a meal planner. Check it out!