Paleo Brussels Sprouts, Blueberry and Bacon Salad was inspired by a dish at our local grub establishment, and it’s full of awesome flavors: crisp Brussels, sweet blueberries, savory bacon and a tangy lemon tarragon dressing.
Got your attention now? It’s a perfect side salad for any occasion. Make this for your meal prep day and it’ll hold up for a few days, especially if you leave the dressing off until you’re ready to serve.
What’s even better is that this Paleo Brussels Sprouts, Blueberry and Bacon Salad is easy to scale up and bring to a party or potluck, and it’s pretty simple to make.
If you can’t find dried blueberries without a bunch of added sugar, fresh will work just fine.
Paleo Brussels Sprouts, Blueberry & Bacon Salad Recipe
This Paleo Brussels Sprouts, Blueberry & Bacon Salad has crisp Brussels, sweet blueberries, savory bacon and tangy lemon tarragon dressing.
- 3 strips bacon thick-cut
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts
- 1/3 cup dried blueberries
- 1/4 cup walnuts chopped
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic chopped finely
- 1/2 tsp dried tarragon
- 1/4 tsp dried mustard
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with foil. Lay the bacon strips on the foil. You may want to season the bacon by sprinkling it with a little garlic powder. Bake the bacon until it’s crispy but not burned, around 15 to 20 minutes. Set it aside to cool, and chop it.
- To prep the Brussels sprouts, peel off any damaged outer leaves. Using a sharp knife, carefully slice the sprouts thinly. I like to think about making 4 to 6 slices per sprout. The thinner the better. Place those in a large bowl.
- Add in the blueberries and walnuts.
- In a medium bowl, combine the lemon juice, garlic, tarragon, mustard, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine, then drizzle in the oil while whisking until it’s evenly mixed. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss everything well to combine. Top with the bacon.
My recipes are all in a meal planner. Check it out!
A beautiful combination of ingredients! I should eat more lentils,
this salad would be a great way to add them to my diet.
Love this recipe!
Shari, I’m excited to hear that you enjoyed it!
Great recipe. Only changes I made were warming/cooking the brussels sprouts in a pan (as opposed to eating raw) and adding some chicken breast. Thanks Steph!
Hi Jenn, Thank you for sharing your thoughts, I’m sure you’ll find more valuable information exploring the site. Have fun!
Can you use fresh blueberries in this salad?
Yes of course! It’s good with fresh blueberries, too!
I’ve made this recipe a few times now and I still can’t get over how delicious it is. I only had fresh blueberries on hand, but it’s still just as great. The dressing is awesome and I plan on trying it for other salads too.
Yay that’s wonderful news, Jessica! Thank you for stopping by to let me know 🙂