Cauliflower Fried Rice is so delicious. It’ll become a staple in your weekly food prep routine!
Cauliflower fried rice is quick, satisfying, and makes a large portion. That means you can eat the leftovers for a few days. It even tastes better the next day. If you’ve made fried rice before, this cauliflower fried rice will be quite similar.
Making Cauliflower Fried Rice
Making cauliflower fried rice may look intimidating, but it’s quite easy to do.
- Heat a skillet or wok, then add oil and sauté the ginger and shallots.
- Once they soften, add in the cauliflower rice, green onions, coconut aminos, and sauté for a few minutes.
- Push the veggies to the side to create a well.
- Crack the eggs into it and scramble them up.
- Then stir everything to combine, and serve.
While this recipe for cauliflower rice is fried, cauliflower rice is so customizable and easy to use in so many different ways. And making cauliflower rice is easier to make than you think.
How to Make Cauliflower Rice
If you have the right gear, making cauliflower rice is simple.
- Use a food processor to create rice-sized “grains.” You can pulse a regular blade or use a shredding blade. I use this method most often.
- Try using a blender. Fill the blender half-full with water. Add the cauliflower florets. Pulse the blender until the pieces are the size of rice. Finally, strain the cauliflower “rice” and use as desired.
- Or, use pre-made cauliflower rice from your market, either fresh or frozen.
Cauliflower rice has a great texture and a neutral flavor so it’s the perfect vehicle for taking on whatever flavors or recipe you’re in the mood for. Cauliflower, in general, is a great veggie to cook with.
Interested in other cauliflower-based recipes?
Other Yummy Cauliflower Recipes
- Creamy Leek Soup
- Cauliflower Sweet Potato Curry Vindaloo
- Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp with Cauliflower Rice
- Indian Pineapple Cauliflower Rice
Paleo Cauliflower Rice
This recipe for Cauliflower Rice is bound to become a staple in your weekly food prep. Quick to make, satisfying to eat!
- 1 head cauliflower grated
- 4 oz shiitake mushrooms thinly sliced
- 6 green onions thinly sliced
- 2 shallots minced
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Dark sesame oil
- Heat a large skillet/wok to high heat. Add the coconut oil. Saute the mushrooms, shallot and ginger for ~3 min or until they begin to soften, stirring often.
- Add the cauliflower, green onions and coconut aminos. Saute for 5 min.
- Push the veggies to the side of the skillet and create a well. Crack the eggs into the well and scramble. Stir everything to combine.
- Top with your choice of meat or seafood for a complete meal.
- Add a drizzle of sesame oil to finish off the dish after it’s been plated.
Love this Cauliflower Fried Rice recipe?