Paleo Cinco de Mayo Burgers are packed with flavor!
I’ll give it to you straight up: If you make these Paleo Cinco de Mayo Burgers and serve them with a huge bowl of guacamole, you’ll be the hero of the party.
The ingredients are a nod to the green, white and red celebratory colors of any Cinco de Mayo celebration, and the flavors are classic.
Keep things super simple on yourself and make these ahead of time. They’re amazing grilled, or even better with ground chicken. (Just don’t use ground chicken breast because it’ll be too dry.) The key is to finely chop the veggies so the burgers don’t fall apart or end up with raw veggie chunks inside.
Instead of serving mine with the usual lettuce wrap, I used green cabbage leaves because they’re a bit more sturdy. Pair with fresh cilantro, pickled jalapeños, and a big spoonful of guacamole. Click here for my easy Paleo Guacamole Recipe. Olé!
Other Cinco de Mayo faves here on the blog:
- Simple Paleo Tortillas
- Cinco de Mayo Steak Salad
- Southwest Chicken Soup
- Paleo Baked Avocado Fries
- Holy Guacamole Salad
Paleo Cinco de Mayo Burgers Recipe
Make this Paleo Cinco de Mayo Burgers recipe for your holiday feast, and get in the spirit the healthy way! Gluten-free and Whole30-friendly.
- 1-1/2 lb ground beef
- 3/4 cup onion finely chopped, about 1/2 a medium onion
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper finely chopped, about 1/2 a small pepper
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper seeds and white inner membrane removed, finely chopped*
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp ghee or avocado oil
- Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Using your hands, thoroughly combine all the ingredients until it’s well mixed.
- Use a ⅓ cup measuring cup to portion out the meat. Fill the cup until it’s slightly rounded, then turn the meat out and shape into patties. The burgers will stay flat if you press your thumb halfway through the patty right in the center.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, and add 2 tablespoons ghee or avocado oil until it’s shimmering. Fry the burgers for 4 minutes on one side, then flip and fry another 2-3 minutes depending on the thickness of your patties and how well you want them cooked.
- Serve with in green cabbage or lettuce leaves and top with guacamole, fresh cilantro, fresh tomato, salsa, etc. Get creative!
My recipes are all in a meal planner. Check it out!