Coconut Chili Lime Shrimp are gluten-free and ready to rock your world with flavor!
Crunchy paleo coconut shrimp made even more mouth-watering with lime and chili. Serve with lime wedges for another extra punch of flavor. Some heat from a dipping sauce like Chipotle Mayo would make it even better! Use any size shrimp you like.
How to Make Coconut Chili Lime Shrimp
The coating of these coconut chili lime shrimp is a little delicate, but it’s well worth it. You’ll dip the shrimp in the dry coconut coating mixture, then dredge it through the egg wash. Next, you’ll dip it in another round of the coconut coating mixture.
Finally, you’ll gently fry the coconut chili lime shrimp on each side until the coconut is golden brown and crunchy.
Paleo Coconut Chili Lime Shrimp
Coconut Chili Lime Shrimp are gluten-free and ready to rock your world with flavor! Serve with your favorite dipping sauce. See how!
- 1 lb raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 cups coconut flakes
- 2 limes zest
- 1.5 tbsp chili powder
- pinch sea salt
- 1 egg
- Coconut oil for frying
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the shredded coconut, coconut flour, lime zest and chili powder.
- In a small bowl, crack the egg and beat it.
Dredge the shrimp in the coconut flour mixture, then the egg. Allow the excess to drip off, then gently dredge in the coconut flour mixture again.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, melt some coconut oil until very hot (but not smoking).
- Fry the shrimp for 2-3 minutes on each side without overcrowding the pan. Remove to a plate lined with paper towels to absorb any excess moisture.
- Sprinkle the shrimp with a pinch of sea salt and eat while hot. Squeeze lime juice over the top for more lime flavor.