Paleo Pizza Egg Muffins are a great pre-workout snack or quick breakfast!
They’re loaded with veggies, and they’re gluten-free and dairy-free.
Breakfast can be the toughest meal of the day to get organized with, and my go-to tip for quick morning eats is to steam a dozen eggs on your weekly cook-up day. But sometimes, I get tired of just plain eggs, and these little Paleo Pizza Egg Muffins are the perfect solution.
How To Make Egg Muffins
Simple! Start with pre-cooked veggies or meat in a muffin tin. Pre-cooking the veggies or meat is important because they’ll release too much moisture if you start with raw filling ingredients. The end result will be very soggy which nobody likes. Egg muffins are the perfect way to use up leftovers!
Use silicone liners or greased paper liners for best results. You can find coconut oil cooking spray in most major markets if you plan to use liners. Then, add whisked eggs and bake!
How Long Do You Bake Egg Muffins?
It depends if you’re using a standard muffin tin or a jumbo muffin tin. For a standard muffin tin, you’ll want to bake your egg muffins for 20-25 minutes. At 20 minutes, check them by inserting a knife into the center of one of the muffins. It should come out clean and the egg muffins should feel firm.
Keep in mind that your egg muffins will deflate and fall after you take them out of the oven, but that doesn’t affect their flavor at all.
What Else Can You Put in Egg Muffins?
I started making egg muffins a couple years ago, and they can be done in a multitude of ways: Add meat and switch up the veggies and spices! You’ll be amazed how many interesting combinations you can come up with.
These particular Paleo Pizza Egg Muffins would be great with some browned sausage mixed in, too. For a tomato vibe, toss in some chopped sun-dried tomatoes. Even Ellie thought they smelled good.
How Long Do Egg Muffins Last?
For best flavor, your egg muffins will last about three to four days in the refrigerator. You can also freeze egg muffins after they bake. They keep for up to two months as long as you’ve properly stored them.
Paleo Pizza Egg Muffins Recipe (Gluten-Free, Whole30)
These delicious Paleo Pizza Egg Muffins have all the flavor of pizza without the gluten or dairy. Loaded with veggies & Whole30-friendly!
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 cup broccoli chopped, cooked
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a 12-cup muffin tray with liners and grease them. I use silicone liners like these and grease them lightly with coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, melt the coconut oil. Add the mushrooms, cooking and stirring until the moisture is drawn out and the mushrooms begin to brown slightly, about 8 minutes. Turn off the heat and add the broccoli and black olives. Stir to combine.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the coconut milk, pizza seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Spoon the veggie mixture evenly into the muffin liners. They should be about ⅔ full. Now, pour the egg mixture evenly into the muffin liners until it’s about ¾ full.
- Bake the egg muffins for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out cleanly.
My recipes are all in a meal planner. Check it out!