This Paleo Ratatouille rainbow on a plate was inspired by a ratatouille made by my amazing friend Claudette, the owner of Cavegirl Confections (her granola and nut butters are HIGH quality and made with love…and she ships).
How to Make Paleo Ratatouille
Claudette’s not a big eggplant fan, so she left it out, but you could certainly add it if you’d like. If you did want to use eggplant, I would dice it pretty small so that it cooks down faster.
Like the creative genius that she is, she slices the peppers and tomato thin and uses a regular ol’ peeler to make the squash, zucchini and carrots into wide noodles.
Use ghee for a buttery flavor without the milk solids if you find that it’s hard for you to tolerate dairy.
Paleo Ratatouille Recipe
This fresh take on Paleo Ratatouille was cooked up for me by my friend Claudette. She skips the eggplant but you could totally add it if you like!
- 2 carrots
- 2 zucchini
- 2 yellow summer squash
- 1 large tomato
- 1 bell pepper any color
- 1 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh flat leaf parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Use a regular vegetable peeler to peel the carrots, zucchini and yellow squash into long slices. Seed and thinly slice the tomato and bell pepper. Roughly chop the basil and parsley.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the ghee. Sauté the veggies (save the herbs for later) until they’re tender but not mushy, about 6-8 minutes. Turn off the heat, sprinkle in the herbs and season with salt and pepper to your liking.
My recipes are all in a meal planner. Check it out!