Paleo Rosemary Garlic Potatoes are the yummiest side dish ever!
White potatoes have been making their way onto my menu more recently as a post-workout (PWO) carb replacement.
Are Potatoes Paleo?
I know…Paleo purists are probably somewhat horrified right now – click to read Are White Potatoes Paleo? – but the fact remains that potatoes of all kinds contain glucose which is preferable to fructose (the sugar found in fruit) for muscle glycogen replenishment.
While white potatoes have a higher glycemic index than yams, they also have more micronutrients like magnesium and potassium.
These are super tasty and very simple to make. Pop in a huge batch when you do your big food prep for the week and take them with you for post-workout.
Rosemary Garlic Roasted Potatoes
Paleo Rosemary Garlic Potatoes are a totally yummy way to enjoy your favorite potato side dish. Whole30 friendly. Get the recipe!
- 2 lb miniature new potatoes
- 3 tbsp fresh rosemary chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Steam the potatoes whole until tender, about 15 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Slice the potatoes in half-lengthwise.
- Mix all the ingredients together on the baking sheet and toss. Roast for 20 minutes (stir once about halfway through) until golden brown.
My recipes are all in a meal planner. Check it out!