Paleo Smashed & Loaded Sweet Potato is such an easy meal and makes a great filling breakfast.
What’s a Loaded Sweet Potato?
One of my favorite things to do with leftover roasted sweet potato is to smash it and brown it in a pan with ghee. It gets all caramelly and crispy and drool-worthy. I wanted something different for breakfast today, so I smashed my sweet potato then loaded it with pan-fried eggs, leftover shredded kalua pork, buttery avocado, and crispy homemade bacon bits.
Get creative and use any leftover meat that you want! Is your mouth watering yet?
How to Roast the Perfect Sweet Potatoes
To roast the perfect sweet potatoes, follow this method:
Place washed whole, unpeeled sweet potatoes on a parchment-lined sheet in a 400°F oven for about 45-60 min.
Cool and refrigerate. When cold, the skins come right off.
Paleo Smashed & Loaded Sweet Potato
This Loaded Sweet Potato will satisfy your cravings, but it's healthy, too. Topped with smoky pulled pork, creamy avocado & farm fresh eggs. Paleo & gluten-free.
- 1 roasted medium-sized sweet potato peeled
- 2 eggs
- Toppings: leftover shredded or cubed meat I used shredded kalua pork, avocado, bacon, jalapeño rings, etc. Get creative!
- Heat a skillet over medium-high (I like cast iron for this job). Add ghee or your fat of choice.
- Put the pre-cooked sweet potato in the skillet. Press flat with a fork or spatula. Fry on each side for 2-4 minutes or until the sweet potato caramelizes (but doesn’t burn). Remove to a plate.
- In the same pan, add more ghee. Fry two eggs (or more if you’re hungrier) in whatever style you’d like. I made mine over-easy so the yolk would run all over my potato. Tasty.
- Stack your smashed and loaded sweet potato: add the eggs on top of the sweet potato then layer with your toppings of choice.
- Rejoice in how tasty your breakfast is. Consume.
- Note: Great for post-workout if you go easy on the avocado and bacon.
My recipes are all in a meal planner. Check it out!