Paleo Sweet and Sour Sauce?! It’s not too good to be true!
This four-ingredient Paleo Sweet and Sour Sauce is great for dipping, perfect for chicken, and has the right balance of sweet and sour without using any added sugar.
How to Make Paleo Sweet and Sour Sauce
Even better, apricots are in season during late spring / early summer so finding them fresh in the market should be easier now than at any other time during the year. Score!
To make this sauce, I cooked down fresh apricots with mango for sweetness. I added ginger for a little spice, and apple cider vinegar for tang.
It would be great to serve alongside my Paleo Chick fil-A for dipping.
Paleo Sweet and Sour Sauce Recipe
Make this super simple Paleo Sweet and Sour Sauce recipe! It'll rekindle your love of dipping sauces, and it's refined sugar-free!
- 4-5 large ripe fresh apricots pitted (about 2 cups chopped)
- 1/2 cup fresh mango chopped
- 1 inch ginger peeled and sliced into thin rounds
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, cook the apricots, mango, ginger and apple cider vinegar until the fruit softens, about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Fish out the ginger slices with a spoon (or if you want a bit of spiciness to your sauce, leave a few slices in).
- Puree the mixture using an immersion blender, food processor or blender. If you want a smooth sauce, puree until there aren’t any chunks of fruit.
- To thin the sauce, add a bit more apple cider vinegar. To thicken the sauce, reduce over low heat in the pan until it’s to your desired consistency.
- Serve as a dipping sauce, warm or cold. Also, I brushed a baked chicken with the sauce in the final 5 minutes of cooking and broiled it until it browned a bit.
My recipes are all in a meal planner. Check it out!