Dipping sauces can take the same basic meal template and jazz things up to keep you from suffering from FBS (Food Boredom Syndrome). Plain chicken and broccoli again? Drizzle on some Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce.
Need an accompaniment for some beautiful cooked, chilled shrimp? This one does the trick, too.
It does have honey (so don’t go overboard and eat gallons of it) but if you’re looking for something to stave off FBS, feel good that it doesn’t contain weird chemicals or high-fructose corn syrup like most of the prepared sauces in the market.
No arrowroot powder? You could use tapioca flour as a thickener. Wish to avoid those completely? You can gently reduce the sauce until it thickens a bit, though it won’t have the same texture as arrowroot or tapioca.
Paleo Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce
Paleo Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce is the perfect topping for chicken and broccoli or any simple meal. Made with honey. See the recipe now!
- 5 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp chopped red chilis or 1 small mild red chili minced finely
- 1 tsp arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper optional
- Mince the garlic finely and use a microplane grater to grate down the ginger (or mince very finely).
- In a small saucepan, combine all the ingredients: the vinegar, garlic, honey, red chilis, arrowroot, ginger, salt and cayenne pepper (if desired). Stir so the arrowroot is dissolved.
- Bring the ingredients to a boil and cook briefly (~1 min or less) until the sauce thickens.
- Cool and serve alongside your favorite meats for dipping. It’s be super tasty with chicken, as a sauce on top of salmon or drizzled on top of stir-fried veggies.