The Perfect Burger recipe is here!
Okay y’all…the perfect burger. It’s not every day you hear a burger claim to be “the one”, but this may very well be it. Perfectly flavored beef, parsnip crisps fried in coconut oil and a decadent avocado mousse…have I convinced you yet?
The Perfect Burger is just one of the awesome meaty recipes you’ll find in The Paleo Kitchen, a brand new cookbook coming out this June from none other than George Bryant and Juli Bauer. If you like the looks of The Perfect Burger, head over and order their cookbook.
The Perfect Burger Recipe (Paleo, Gluten-Free)
What makes The Perfect Burger? Check out this recipe to get the low down on how to construct your own Perfect Burger! Paleo-friendly.
For the Burgers:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/4 medium red onion minced
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Shoestring Parsnip Fries:
- 2 medium parsnips peeled
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- Sliced red onions
- Avocado mousse also from the cookbook
- Romaine hearts
- Shoestring parsnip fries from above
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together all of the ingredients for the burgers without overworking the meat.
Divide meat into 3 equal portions and form into ½-inch thick patties. Use your thumb to make an indentation in the center of each burger. Set aside.
- Using a spiral slicer or julienne slicer, cut the parsnips into strings.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat, and preheat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Once grill is hot, place the burgers on the grill and close the lid. Cook 6 minutes.
- While the burgers are cooking, add the coconut oil to the saucepan. Test the oil by placing one parsnip shoestring in the oil to ensure the oil bubbles. Add the parsnips to the oil and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until golden brown. When the parsnips finish cooking, place them on a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Flip the burgers and cook for 2 to 3 minutes for medium-rare, or until desired doneness. Remove the burgers from grill and let rest for 5 to 7 minutes.
To assemble the burgers, place each on a bed of lettuce and top with sliced red onions, ¼ cup avocado mousse, and parsnip fries.
My recipes are all in a meal planner. Check it out!