Consider this approach to self-love instead.
Click play to listen right on this page, no app needed:
The Problem with Loving Your Body
There’s a really specific reason that I decided the subtitle of my new book, The Core 4 couldn’t be, “Love Your Body, Own Your Power.” It has to do with how we put self-love on a pedestal as the be-all, end-all way to approach personal growth and transformation in the wellbeing space. While I think most people who encourage you to “love your body” mean well, if you’re in the depths of really negative body image, lacking self-confidence, and struggling with self-acceptance, self-love can feel like an impossible pipe dream. So what else is there?
In this episode, I’m presenting another option for a middle ground where you can be neutral about your body. I’m discussing why it may be more helpful and why you don’t have to earn the right to take care of and respect your body. My hope is that by the end, you may realize there’s a neutral place you can think about instead of being dismayed at the idea of having to love every single bit of your body 24-7.
On Today’s Episode
- Why words are important & why I changed the subtitle of the book
- The sticky stuff about self-love
- Why neutrality is a valid option
- What neutrality might look like
Resources Mentioned In This Show
- The Core 4
- Take a Deep Dive Inside The Core 4 – Ep 226
- On the Wagon, Off the Wagon – Ep 216
- Harder to Kill Club
The Core 4 is now available! Click here to get a free gift when you purchase. Thank you so much for all your support!
Harder to Kill Radio is sponsored by the Nutritional Therapy Association. Registration is now open for the NTA’s September class. You can learn more and save your seat by clicking here (and don’t forget to mention my name on your application!)
You can also try out their free 7-day course, Nutritional Therapy 101 by clicking here.
Join the HTK Community
- Join the Harder to Kill Club on Facebook
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter for new podcast alerts and more
Thanks for Listening!
- I’d really love it if you would take 10 seconds and subscribe to the podcast!
- Did you like this episode? Let me know what resonated for you in the comments below.