Ever been called “sensitive?” This episode is for you.
On Being Sensitive
I just recently returned home from the East Coast and I’m recording this episode super last-minute but being home gave me some serious time to think. And thus, this episode on being a Highly Sensitive Person (HSP) was born.
I’m guessing this may hit home for a lot of you, even if you’re not an HSP, but if you’re interested in taking the test you can do that here.
Being an HSP has really changed my life and allowed me to give myself an enormous amount of grace the last couple years of my life. So in this episode I’m going to deal out some tips and tricks on how I deal with being an HSP and how being sensitive is a GIFT, not an insult.
My friends introduced me to a woman named Karina Antonopoulos a couple of years ago (she was on Harder to Kill Radio 78) and I ended up taking the quiz and was floored. Almost every question described me. Because, like most HSPs, I’d always thought that something was wrong with me.
Let me make it clear, this is not a disorder but rather, a trait.
I wanted to talk about this today because most of the time the connotation that comes with being overly sensitive is so negative. Over time, I’ve learned that if other people aren’t going to give me the grace and space to be sensitive, I’m going to give it to myself. And I’m going to advocate for other HSPs to do the same.
On Today’s Episode
- What is a Highly Sensitive Person?
- What being an HSP means to me
- Why being sensitive is a gift
- Tips for fellow HSPs
- Why it’s important not to use the word “sensitive” as an insult
Resources Mentioned In This Show
Join the HTK Community
- Join the Harder to Kill Club on Facebook
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter for new podcast alerts and more
Thanks for Listening!
- I’d really love it if you would take 1 min and leave me a rating and review on iTunes!
- Did you like this episode? Let me know what resonated for you in the comments below.