Learn the difference between outcome and process goals plus how to leverage both to feel better results.
Click play to listen right on this page, no app needed:
How to Set Goals for Better Results
If you’re thinking about nutrition or fitness (or both), it’s usually a given that you’re thinking about goals. You’ve probably heard that you won’t achieve anything without having goals, so you make up something vague like and plow forward. Inevitably, you get frustrated by not reaching the goal fast enough and quit. Sound familiar? If so, this chat is for you.
In this episode, I’m digging into the very important differences between outcome-oriented and process-oriented goals. You’ll learn why you might want to cast a vision instead of get fixated on an outcome, and why staying committed to the process – while remaining fluid and flexible – is key. Also, you’ll learn the surprising and powerful way to approach mistakes and failure that will keep you moving forward.
On Today’s Episode
- Why outcome goals set you up for frustration
- The importance of vision and feeling
- How to leverage process goals to get better results
- Why process goals often require a perspective shift
- How to make SMART goals better
Resources Mentioned In This Show
Pre-order bonuses for The Core 4 are now available for you! Get all the freebies now because they disappear on July 30. Claim the bonuses here. Thank you so much for all your support!
Harder to Kill Radio is sponsored by the Nutritional Therapy Association. Registration is now open for the NTA’s September class. You can learn more and save your seat by going to: www.nutritionaltherapy.com (and don’t forget to mention my name on your application!) You can also try out their free 7-day course, Nutritional Therapy 101 by going to: https://nutritionaltherapy.com/nutritional-therapy-101/
Join the HTK Community
- Join the Harder to Kill Club on Facebook
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter for new podcast alerts and more
Thanks for Listening!
- I’d really love it if you would take 10 seconds and subscribe to the podcast!
- Did you like this episode? Let me know what resonated for you in the comments below.