After falling captive to the scale and macro-nutrient counting, Shanique Allen said enough is enough and decided to change her lifestyle for one that was healthy, but not restrictive. Through this change in mindset and nutrition, Shanique has stopped letting food control her and now works with her clients to promote being kind to your body while still fueling yourself with healthy decisions.
Click play to listen right on this page, no app needed:
Live Life Unrestricted
Shanique is determined to help you live your life with more ease and enjoyment. She believes that movement should be one of the things that bring you satisfaction and joy and that counting calories or setting limits for yourself is the opposite of achieving total body health and acceptance.
Learn from Shanique’s story as she reveals what she wishes she knew in hindsight, how being less restrictive can actually lead to greater holistic health benefits, and why we should stop judging those that go against societies version of ‘healthy’.
There are more aspects to your wellness than just eating clean and exercising, and Shanique is living proof of the importance of making these healthy tools accessible to everyone. By creating a community where people are empowered to take the steps for themselves, you can invest in yourself and foster acceptance from within.
Are you ready to change the conversation regarding fitness and find more enjoyment in your daily routine? Share what you loved most about Shanique’s story and vision in the comments below!
On Today’s Episode
- How to change your relationship and mindset with the numbers on the scale
- Changing the way you move to give you more joy and better results
- Mindset techniques you can use to break up with everything you know about fitness
- Ways life in Jamacia impacted Shanique’s approach to food and body image
- The importance of acceptance and giving yourself grace when making health improvements
Resources Mentioned In This Show
- Shanique Allen Website
- Apply for #FabFitFormula Coaching
- Follow Shanique on Instagram | Facebook | Twitter
- Pre-Order The Core 4 Here
- The Nutritional Therapy Association Website
“Having decided to break up with the person that I was, I had to create an identity that I could not ‘live with’, but who I was, I needed to figure that out, right now… and that’s what lead me to where I am today. I am not defined by food, it is no longer something that I worry about, its something that compliments my life.” (19:44)
“Now when I jump on the scale, and I am no longer tracking, I don’t care. And because I decided that food was no longer a determining factor in how I chose to enjoy life.” (24:32)
“In hindsight, I don’t know what the hell I was doing! I’m like ‘damn Shanique you could have saved yourself a lot’. But at the same time, I am kind of glad I went through all that because it brought me here.” (34:38)
“Given that we are all unique, how can you use what you have to do what you can to get to where you want to go?” (41:07)
Pre-order bonuses for The Core 4 are now available and free for you! Get all the freebies before July 30. Just pre-order The Core 4 and claim the bonuses here. Thank you so much for all your support!
Harder to Kill Radio is sponsored by the Nutritional Therapy Association. Registration is now open for the NTA’s September class. You can learn more and save your seat by going to: www.nutritionaltherapy.com (and don’t forget to mention my name on your application!) You can also try out their free 7-day course, Nutritional Therapy 101 by going to: https://nutritionaltherapy.com/nutritional-therapy-101/
Join My Free Private Community
- Connect with us after the podcast is over by joining my free private online community, the Harder to Kill Club on Facebook
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter for new podcast alerts and more
Thanks for Listening!
- I’d really love it if you would take 10 seconds and subscribe to the podcast!
- Did you like this episode? Let me know what resonated for you in the comments below.