The idea for this recipe came from the back of a Trader Joe’s bag of mixed cooking greens.
I modified it by cutting back on the amount of olives called for as well as the addition of the shrimp and sun dried tomatoes.
This meal has everything I like: it’s fast, can be made in one pot, and has tons of flavor. You could easily double the recipe and have leftovers for a couple of days. If you don’t like shrimp, you could add in your meat of choice after the greens have cooked down.
Shrimp and Greens
Shrimp and Greens is a simple and satisfying weeknight dinner that packs a ton of flavor. It comes together in just a few minutes!
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 lb chopped greens kale, mustard greens, collards…mix and match or use what’s on hand
- 1/2 cup black olives chopped
- 1 cup sundried tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 lb raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- Black pepper and salt to taste
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat. Add a spoonful of coconut oil and sauté the garlic for about 30 seconds.
- Add the chopped olives, sun dried tomatoes and black pepper. Saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add the chopped greens and chicken broth. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low, allowing the greens to soften and cook down, about 15 minutes. Add more broth if the pan starts to dry out.
- After the greens are cooked, add raw shrimp on top, replace the cover and cook for about 5 more minutes until the shrimp is pink.
- Serve with a drizzle of good quality extra virgin olive oil.
My recipes are all in a meal planner. Check it out!