“Food was such an enemy of mine for such a long time,” says Kristen Boehmer.
Her lifelong struggle with food and severe illness has experienced nothing short of a miraculous turn around, and I am incredibly pleased to bring you Kristen’s story in the hope that it may comfort or inspire you.
I first met this amazing woman through Instagram of all places. Her food photos drew me in, and then one day, I saw a photo of her lying in a hospital bed with tubes and wires sticking out of her.
What I learned about Kristen’s story affected me deeply, and she truly is someone who I look up to for her fighting spirit, a resiliency unlike anyone else, and her refusal to give up on herself.
In This Episode of Harder to Kill Radio, You’ll Learn:
- What it was like to get a Crohn’s disease diagnosis at the age of twelve
- How her health declined through her 20s
- What she lost for 1.5 years during college
- What happened when she ran out of drug options for treatment
- What she did when she hit rock-bottom
- Why she started her blog & her new ventures
- Her idea about what makes humans truly unbreakable
Links & Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- Living Loving Paleo
- Kristen’s Instagram | Pinterest
- Read more about Kristen’s story here
- Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America
- Watch this episode on YouTube
Sweet! Thanks for Tuning In!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback to share? Leave a note in the comment section below.
If you liked this episode, please share it via the social media buttons on the left side of the post.
I’d so appreciate if you take a moment to subscribe and leave a review for Harder to Kill Radio in iTunes! When you rate and review the show, it really helps others discover Harder to Kill Radio, and I am so grateful for your feedback.
Join me next week for Episode 21 for my interview with a friend who has truly personified the old proverb, “Fall down 7 times, get up 8.”
Pin these for later: