Strawberry Chili Grilled Chicken is a unique take on a classic recipe.
Steph’s note: Please welcome Candace from Beyoutifully Delicious to the blog again. A couple weeks ago, I featured her PeaNOT Pineapple Slaw, and it’s gotten rave reviews. Candace is all about good food with big flavor, and this recipe will not disappoint. Without further ado, take it away Candace!
Last Easter I came up with a fresh strawberry dressing that gave a subtle sweetness to a spring green salad. For the protein to compliment the slaw, I updated it as a marinade with some heat. There’s nothing like salty, sweet AND spicy. Now we’re talking game-changer.
I love this marinade on mahi-mahi, it’s a flakey fish that has a really clean taste to it. None of that “fishy” business that tends to draw people away from ocean proteins. If seafood is not your thing, this is perfect for chicken too.
You can easily flavor swap blackberry or apricot for the strawberry as they work well with chili peppers. I would use fresh apricots rather than dried just because I want to keep my sugar in check. It’s very easy for that to get crazy if I’m not intentional about food preparation.
Strawberry Chili Grilled Chicken
Strawberry Chili Grilled Chicken has both a subtle sweetness and brings just enough heat to make it awesome. There’s nothing quite like salty, sweet AND spicy. This combo screams game-changer.
- 1.25 cups fresh strawberries
- 3 tbsp coconut vinegar
- 1 tbsp freeze-dried strawberries crushed into a powder (sub: 1 Tbsp apple juice)
- 1/2 tsp dried Thai chilis or 2 teaspoons chili paste
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lime juice
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- Pinch sea salt and black pepper
- 3 tbsp coconut oil melted
- In a blender, add all the ingredients except coconut oil and blend on high.
- Turn down the speed a little and slowly drizzle in coconut oil.
- Marinate the meat or fish for at least 2 hours and grill it until it’s no longer pink inside, about 4 minutes per side. Discard the leftover marinade. Or, bring the leftover marinade to a boil and cook it for 5 minutes to kill any bacteria.
My recipes are all in a meal planner. Check it out!