Pineapple Bacon Poppers are the perfect party eats.
I’ll be the first one to admit, I don’t watch football and I’m not going to any Super Bowl parties (I probably just lost some faithful readers with that admission).
I will, however, make it all up to you with a super-simple appetizer bite with everyone’s FAVORITE food: bacon!
That’s right, I can sense I’m forgiven already.
These little morsels of goodness were inspired by my friend Stacy who brought bacon-wrapped pineapple to a brunch last weekend.
Immediately I started dreaming about making something that tasted like Hawaiian pizza on a skewer and these came into being. Genius!
Super Bowl Bites: Pineapple Bacon Poppers
A super-simple bite of genius, these bacon-wrapped pineapple morsels of skewered goodness carry the flavor of a Hawaiian pizza!
- 1/2 fresh pineapple
- 8 mini bell peppers or 1-2 medium bell peppers – red, yellow or orange are sweetest
- 6 strips bacon
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
Preheat the oven to 375F. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Peel and core the pineapple. Cut into moderately-sized chunks (take half the pineapple and cut it into quarters, then chunk).
- Cut the tops off the bell peppers and scoop out the seeds. Cut the peppers into pieces that are roughly the same size as the pineapple chunks.
- Cut each slice of bacon in half lengthwise, then in half crosswise to get 4 strips (or you could wrap half a piece of bacon around if you prefer a meatier bite).
- Wrap the bacon around (ends at the bottom) and secure with a toothpick.
- Arrange the yummy bacon morsels on the baking sheet and dust with smoked paprika.
- Bake for 25 min or until the bacon is crispy and the peppers are softened.
My recipes are all in a meal planner. Check it out!