Swiss Chard Salad with Toasted Walnuts makes the perfect side dish for any dinner.
Swiss Chard Salad with Toasted Walnuts is another recipe I’m sharing with you from my award-winning cookbook, The Performance Paleo Cookbook!
The cookbook’s been out for a little over a month and has garnered some very awesome support and praise from everyone from fitness and nutrition leaders to everyday warriors just like you!
I’m so thankful for your support! You can still get some great deals on The Performance Paleo Cookbook if you shop around online a little. (The best prices online seem to be on Amazon and Target.com…wink wink.)
How to Make This Swiss Chard Salad
Toasty walnuts, lemon and herbs add flavor to this humble green
Chard is such a versatile leafy green, and it’s great served both raw and cooked. It’s particularly rich in vitamin A and lots of antioxidants. The warm walnut dressing wilts the chard just a bit when you pour it over the greens.
If you’re going to prep the salad ahead of time, warm the dressing back up before you add it to the chard. Can’t find chard? Spinach will work just fine!
Swiss Chard Salad with Toasted Walnuts Recipe
Try this delicious Swiss Chard Salad with Toasted Walnuts recipe to add a veggie punch to your next meal. Whole30-friendly and Paleo!
- 1 medium shallot finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups walnut halves
- 1 medium bunch Swiss chard sliced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- In a medium skillet over low heat, combine the shallot, garlic, rosemary, avocado oil, salt and pepper. Cook and stir, about 3 minutes, until the shallots turn translucent and soften. Add the nuts, cooking and stirring on low heat until they’re evenly toasted and lightly browned. Turn off the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the Swiss chard with the lemon juice and vinegar. Pour the walnut mixture over the chard and toss well to combine.
My recipes are all in a meal planner. Check it out!