Divorce is such a loaded subject, and for women especially, something that we get judged harshly for by society, friends, and family.
Why A Show on Divorce?
For many years, I avoided admitting the truth about my own divorces for fear of judgment. (Sometimes, we’re our own harshest critics.) I’d casually fib by saying things like, “I’ve been married before.” Really, it was a way to dodge having to be truthful because I didn’t want others to see me as damaged goods.
Last year, I decided I was tired of lying. I got sick of edited the story of my life, and I knew that hiding in shame only served to keep me small in other ways. Each time I’ve talked about my divorces in public (aka social media), I’ve heard an outpouring of messages from women thanking me for helping them feel less alone.
In this episode, I’m sharing my stories about divorce, why I was afraid to date my current husband, and why kindness and compassion about people on the other side of the relationship coin is vital.
On Today’s Episode
- Why I used to lie about being divorced
- The reason I was afraid to date my husband
- What happened when I started opening up about my divorces
- Why judging people for their marital status sucks
Resources Mentioned In This Show
Join the HTK Community
- Join the Harder to Kill Club on Facebook
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter for new podcast alerts and more
Thanks for Listening!
- I’d really love it if you would take 1 min and leave us a rating and review on iTunes!
- Did you like this episode? Let me know what resonated for you in the comments below.