The fancy schmancy term for the orange segments is “supremes” (pronounced su-prehms). You can call them segments…I won’t tell anyone. Works with any citrus fruit.
- Wash the fruit.
- Cut the top and bottom off.
- With a sharp knife, cut the rind off in sections by moving from top to bottom all the way around the fruit.
- Make a cut on each side of the inner membrane.
- The segment should release quite easily.
- Continue until the entire fruit is done.
*Hint: steps 4-6 work best if you hold the fruit in your hand but I couldn’t photograph it that way by myself.