Whether you’re considering a career change, going back to school, ending or beginning a relationship, having kids, starting a new hobby, traveling the world or whatever it is that simultaneously freaks you out and excites you, tune into this episode.
About The Leap
I may not have the answer for you, but I can guarantee I’ll make you think.
On today’s episode, I’m sharing the story of why I “threw away” a twelve year long teaching career and the “safety” of a regular paycheck for the wild ride of entrepreneurship. Taking that leap was one of the scariest things I’ve ever done, and I had to internalize some key concepts to pull it off.
Many, many moons ago, I was introduced to the idea of being a teacher. And at the tender age of 21 I entered the classroom. Truth be told, one of the reasons I decided to go into education was because it was the easier route. The other route was med school and teaching was the safe option for my life and my (current) relationship.
I taught high school science (chemistry and biology) for twelve years. At about year ten, I moved to a different state and things began to change and evolve for me. This coincided with my health journey and finding Paleo and CrossFit. In 2011, I started StupidEasyPaleo.com (for fun) and then started CrossFit competitively.
During this time there was a change in administration in my school and it affected the program I had built and I knew I wasn’t in the right place, but I really wasn’t sure what to do about it. So I decided to change schools. I thought this would solve everything and it surprise, it solved nothing.
My website (my side-hustle) had taken off and even though I really had no idea what I was doing, I knew I needed to leave what I was doing and needed to take action, so I made the leap.
On Today’s Episode
- The fears I experienced when I took my personal leap
- The tactics I used and what I practiced when I was going through the big life uncertainties
- What to do about the “making everyone happy” complex
Join the HTK Community
- Join the Harder to Kill Club on Facebook
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter for new podcast alerts and more
Thanks for Listening!
- I’d really love it if you would take 1 min and leave us a rating and review on iTunes!
- Did you like this episode? Let me know what resonated for you in the comments below.