How to handle the headache that can be forced time off the gym.
Click play to listen right on this page, no app needed:
Tips for Dealing with Injury
Injured and faced with taking time off the gym? Have a surgery coming up and you’re required to step away from your usual movement routine? Not gonna lie: it can be a massive mindfuck. Thoughts about losing all your gains and having to start from scratch are common. The desire to rush back into it before you’re ready, real. And what are you supposed to do with all this extra free time? If you’re like many people who have gone through this – including me! Hey! Hi! – it’s enough to make you feel crazy.
Okay…deep breath. This is (probably) not the end of everything. In this episode, I’m walking you through some shifts that are essential and will be very helpful if the unfortunate injury or surgery strikes. Learn how to flip the loss of time in the gym to something useful and how to keep it all in perspective.
On Today’s Episode
- Why time in the gym or participating in fitness is building up your savings account for injury or illness
- Why you need a plan B for stress relief
- How to maintain perspective about time off the gym
- What to fill your extra time with
Resources Mentioned In This Show
- Get all the pre-order bonuses for The Core 4
- How to Set Goals for Better Results – Ep 222
- Harder to Kill Club
Pre-order bonuses for The Core 4 are now available for you! Get all the freebies now because they disappear on July 30. Claim the bonuses here. Thank you so much for all your support!
Harder to Kill Radio is sponsored by the Nutritional Therapy Association. Registration is now open for the NTA’s September class. You can learn more and save your seat by clicking here (and don’t forget to mention my name on your application!)
You can also try out their free 7-day course, Nutritional Therapy 101 by clicking here.
Join the HTK Community
- Join the Harder to Kill Club on Facebook
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter for new podcast alerts and more
Thanks for Listening!
- I’d really love it if you would take 10 seconds and subscribe to the podcast!
- Did you like this episode? Let me know what resonated for you in the comments below.